John L. Marshall, MD
Director, The Ruesch Center for the Cure of GI Cancers
Frederick P. Smith Endowed Chair
Chief, Hematology and Oncology
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
Georgetown University Medical Center
This TeleECHO session will explore the management of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) through a short, didactic presentation and interactive case studies. Faculty will review strategies on personalizing the selection of treatment options based on molecular testing; and discuss the management of adverse events (AEs) with targeted treatments for BRAF V600-mutant mCRC.
This activity is intended for community-based oncologists, pathologists, gastrointestinal surgeons, nurses, nurse navigators, and clinical trial coordinators interested in the clinical management of patients with BRAF-mutant mCRC.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Integrate mCRC biomarker testing into clinical practice
- Select and sequence therapies for patients with BRAF-mutant mCRC based on recent clinical trial data and current evidence-based guidelines
- Support safe use of targeted therapies for the treatment of BRAF-mutant mCRC through recognition and management of AEs
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring virtual activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring virtual activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|John L. Marshall, MD||Dr. Marshall discloses that he is a speakers bureau member and/or consultant for Amgen, Bayer, Caris, Celgene, Indivumed, Merck, Pfizer/ Daichii, and Taiho.|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Angela Davis, PhD, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Director of Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lisa Crenshaw, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Aimee Meissner, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Morgan Kravarik, Associate Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Rashado Coote, Program Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring virtual activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures
- Participate in the web-based enduring activity
- Submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group
You will receive your certificate upon completion.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at https://medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
RELEASED DATE: October 10, 2022
EXPIRATION DATE: October 10, 2023
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.