Theodore Abraham, MD, FACC, FASE
Meyer Friedman Distinguished Professor of Medicine
Director, UCSF Adult Cardiac Echocardiography Laboratory
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Thomas F. Deering, MD, MBA
Mark E. Silverman, M.D. Educational Chair
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine:
Medical College of Georgia
Chair, Cardiac Governance Council –
Chief Quality Officer, Piedmont Heart Institute
Chief, Arrhythmia Center – Piedmont Heart Institute
Andrew Wang, MD
Professor of Medicine
Vice Chief for Clinical Affairs, Division of Cardiology
Duke University Hospital
This interactive online activity will explore the diagnosis and management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). A didactic presentation by expert faculty will review guideline recommendations and risk factors for complications, discuss pharmacologic and surgical treatment options, and examine clinical trial data on emerging agents. An animated case will allow learners to apply what they have learned in a simulated clinical encounter.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of U.S.-based adult cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists, and other healthcare professionals involved in the identification and management of patients HCM.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Evaluate the relationships between the underlying pathophysiology of HCM, its clinical manifestations, and its deleterious effects
- Incorporate imaging techniques and genetic testing into routine diagnostic workups in order to provide an early, accurate diagnosis of HCM that can be followed up by appropriate treatment
- Formulate management plans for patients with HCM that are consistent with current evidence-based guideline recommendations
- Interpret clinical trial and real-world data supporting the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of emerging therapies for HCM with unique mechanisms of action
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group will designate this online program for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the online activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Dr. Abraham has no relevant relationships to disclose.
Dr. Deering receives consulting fee from CVRx, Pacemate, Preventice, HeartBeam. He receives funding for contracted research from Abbott, Medtronic and Bitronik.
Dr. Wang has no relevant relationships to disclose.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Diana Tommasi, PharmD, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Director of Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Felecia Beachum, Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Naomi De Brito, Program Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this online activity. To receive CME/CNE credit, participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the online activity.
- Complete posttest and evaluation form online.
Participants will receive their certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at email@example.com
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.