Dilsher Dhoot, MD
California Retina Consultants
Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Keck School of Medicine (USC)
Santa Barbara, CA
Steven Ferrucci, OD, FAAO
Chief of Optometry, Sepulveda VA Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA
Professor, Southern California College of Optometry at Marshall B. Ketchum University
This online activity targets healthcare gaps related to the recognition, prevention, and management of diabetic retinopathy (DR). An expert panel discussion will guide you in identifying candidates for anti-VEGF therapy, review clinical trial data on the use of these agents, and provide evidence-based strategies to individualize the management of DR and overcome treatment barriers.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of retina specialists, ophthalmologists, primary care providers, optometrists, and other healthcare providers who manage patients with diabetic retinopathy.
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Integrate evidence-based prevention, diagnostic, and treatment strategies for retinal disease into clinical workflow
- Identify patients with diabetic retinopathy (DR), who would benefit from anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapy (anti-VEGF) therapy
- Explain the rationale for intervening early in the disease process when treating patients with DR
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT: Med Learning Group designates this online activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 creditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the live virtual activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION: Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with diabetic retinopathy. CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE Accreditation Statement:
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG‐sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Steven Ferrucci, OD, FAAO discloses the following financial interests or relationships:
- Consultant: Centervue, Science Based Health, Visible Genomics
- Speakers’ Bureau: Genentech, MacuLogix, Regeneron, Notal Vision
Dilsher Dhoot, MD discloses the following financial interests or relationships:
- Consultant: Allergan, Alimera, Bayer, Eyepoint, Genentech, Regenex, Regeneron, Novartis
- Speakers’ Bureau: Alimera, Eyepoint, Genentech, Regeneron, Novartis
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed. The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to d
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development of Med Learning Group, has nothing to
- Nicole Longo, Director of Medical and Scientific Services of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Diana Tommasi, Medical Director of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Ana Maria Albino, Senior Program Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to
- Amanda Jenkins, Program Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Daniel Dasilva, Outcomes and Accreditation Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Brianna Hanson, MPH, Outcomes and Accreditation Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes of Med Learning Group, has nothing to
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA‐approved and non‐approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this online activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures;
- Participate in the online activity; and
- Complete pre-and-post surveys and evaluation.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision‐making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy‐policy/
Copyright © 2021 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.