Robert G Gish, MD
Principal, Robert G Gish Consultants LLC
La Jolla, CA
Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno and University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Medical Director, Hepatitis B Foundation
Adjunct Professor, UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
San Diego, CA
This online activity is focused on treatment strategies for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of US-based medical oncologists, particularly who practice in the community setting, and the multidisciplinary care team responsible for treating patients with gastrointestinal tract cancers that include HCC.
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Explain how alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) contributes to HCC tumor immune escape
- Use AFP as a prognostic biomarker for the management of advanced HCC, based on the evolution of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and additional data
- Develop individualized plans for the sequencing of treatment regimens for patients with advanced HCC based on patient-specific characteristics including AFP levels
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this web-based activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the treatment and management of patients with HCC.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Awarded 1.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Dr. Robert Gish
- Grants/Research Support in last 2 years: Gilead
- Dr Gish has performed as Consultant and/or Advisor to (in the last two years): Abbott, AbbVie, Access Biologicals, Alexion, Antios, Arena, Arrowhead, Bayer AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Eiger, Eisai, Enyo, eStudySite, Forty-Seven Inc, Genlantis, Gerson Lehrman Group, Gilead Sciences, HepaTX, HepQuant, Intercept, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Janssen, Laboratory for Advanced Medicine, Lilly, Merck, Salix, Shionogi, Trimaran, Viking Therapeutics
- Current Activity with Scientific or Clinical Advisory Boards: Abbott, AbbVie, Merck, Arrowhead, Bayer, Dova Pharmaceuticals, Eiger, Enyo, Hatch BioFund, HepQuant, Intercept, Janssen, Medimmune
- Clinical Trials: eStudySite Advisor
- Advisory Consultant: Diagnostic Companies: Biocollections, Fujifilm/Wako, Quest
- Data Safety Monitoring Board: Ionis, Eiger
- Responsible Medical Person: Viking Therapeutics Clinical Study FDA 1571 Application
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer-reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
The staff, planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Lisa Crenshaw, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Marcello Morgan, MD, MPH, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CE activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and nonapproved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CNE credit for this web-based enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
1. Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures;
2. Participate in the online activity.
3. Submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science-based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making ability before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
RELEASE DATE: March 13, 2020
EXPIRATION DATE: March 13, 2021
Copyright © 2020 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.