Sramila Aithal, MD
Alliance Cancer Specialists
Greater Philadelphia Area, PA
This enduring TeleECHO educational series targets healthcare gaps related to the familiarity and understanding of CDK4/6 inhibitor clinical trial designs and results on efficacy, safety, and real-world studies, impacting outcomes through current practice patterns and treatment strategies in the management of HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer (mBC).
- By addressing these gaps, you can assess whether your approach to HR+/HER2- mBC management through utilization of current clinical trial and real-word study data to individualize care–could be modified to help close these gaps.
- Expert discussion will guide you in analyzing and identifying challenges to HR+/HER2-mBC management, impact of ESR1 mutation, and how to navigate treatment available options evaluating efficacy and safety.
- You will also be immersed in interactive, animated simulation case studies to memorably highlight key points related to the mechanism of action of CDK4/6 inhibitors and their related safety profiles.
This initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of community based oncologists and the related cancer care team in community settings including rural and underserved areas responsible for the care of patients with HR+/HER2- mBC.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Evaluate the designs of- and results from clinical trials assessing the safety and efficacy of CDK4/6 inhibitors for the management of patients with HR+/HER2- mBC
- Assess the designs of- and results from real-world studies on CDK4/6 inhibitors for the management of patients with HR+/HER2- mBC, as well as current practice patterns regarding their use
- Develop individualized management plans for patients with HR+/HER2- mBC
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with HR+/HER2- mBC.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/Complete Conference Management (CCM) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Sramila Aithal, MD||Dr. Aithal reports that she serves on the speakers bureau for Pfizer, Seagen, Daiichi Sankyo/AstraZeneca, and Merck.|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Director of Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Bartunek, Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Aimee Meissner, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete the online post-test and evaluation.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at email@example.com
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.