Vamsi Velcheti, MD
Professor of Medicine
Medical Director, Thoracic Oncology Program
NYU Langone-Lara & Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center
New York, NY
This enduring activity discusses emerging treatments for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). It includes animations for learning about the role of TROP2, HER2, and HER3 in the pathogenesis of NSCLC, including the mechanisms of action and design of antibody drug conjugates targeting these pathways.
This educational activity is intended for U.S. based academic and community medical oncologists, pathologists, and NPs/PAs who care for patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
- Discuss the unique characteristics of antibody-drug conjugates including, their design and anti-cancer effects
- Review the emerging HER2-targeted, systemic therapy options for those patients with relapsed/refractory NSCLC without actionable mutations who have progressed beyond the first-line
- Explain the role of HER3 in the oncogenic processes of non-small cell lung cancer and potential targeted therapies for advanced disease
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: Education regarding the management of non-small cell lung cancer leads to safe practice, quality care, and continuous professional and personal development for oncology nurses.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Vamsi Velcheti, MD Contracted Research for ACEA Biosciences, Arrys Therapeutics, AstraZeneca/Medimmune, BMS, Clovis Oncology, Genentech/Roche, Merck, Novartis, SeaGen, Xcovery.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Angela Davis, PhD, Medical Director of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Director of Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Melissa Johnson, Senior Program Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Amanda Jenkins, Associate Program Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Natalie Smith, Program Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP of Accreditation and Outcomes of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Aimee Meissner, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CE credit for this live activity. To receive CME/CE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the live activity.
- Submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate upon completion as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy‐policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.