Patricia K. Coyle, MD
Professor and Vice Chair
Director, MS Comprehensive Care Center
Stony Brook University Medical Center
Stony Brook, New York
Ulrike W. Kaunzner, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor in Neurology
Weill Cornell Medicine
Assistant Attending Neurologist
New York-Presbyterian Resident Multiple Sclerosis Clinic
New York, New York
This enduring activity is designed to review early identification strategies for MS; assess the variety of treatments available to treat the condition; and discuss ways to improve adherence, engagement, and clinician/patient communication.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of neurologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and all other healthcare practitioners that treat multiple sclerosis patients.
- Implement strategies to identify MS earlier in the disease course to initiate prompt treatment
- Review the safety and efficacy of current and emerging agents used for MS
- Assess patient barriers to MS medication adherence and implement shared decision-making to improve adherence
- Improve clinician/patient communication and patient engagement for a more holistic approach to MS treatment
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing professional education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in caring multiple sclerosis patients
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or providers of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Patricia K. Coyle, MD reports the following:
- Consulting & Nonbranded Speaker Fees: Accordant, Biogen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Celgene, Genzyme/Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, Horizon Therapeutics, Janssen, Mylan, Novartis, Viela Bio
- Research support: Actelion, Alkermes, Celgene, CorEvitas LLC, Genentech/Roche, Genzyme/Sanofi, MedDay, NINDS, Novartis
Ulrike W. Kaunzner, MD, PhD reports the following:
- Salary: AAN/Biogen MS Fellowship grant, 7/2019 to 6/2021
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Chris Drury, Medical Director of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Ana Maria Albino, Senior Program Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Jessica Feygin, Program Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP of Accreditation and Outcomes of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Aimee Meissner, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate upon completion as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at https://medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.