Alok A. Khorana, MD, FACP, FASCO
Sondra and Stephen Hardis Chair in Oncology Research
Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Taussig Cancer Institute and Case Comprehensive Cancer Center
This enduring activity will focus on the latest updates in the optimal management of cancer-associated venous thromboembolism (VTE) based on risk stratification, clinical trial data, and appropriate guideline-informed strategies to optimize clinical outcomes. This program will inform participants of the latest best practices as recommended by professional guidelines and will equip participants to integrate multidisciplinary care and shared decision-making in practice.
This enduring activity is intended for medical oncologists, community oncologists, primary care providers, allied healthcare professionals (ie, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists), VTE specialists, and/or other healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients with cancer.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Facilitate optimal management of patients with cancer-associated VTE based on risk stratification assessments
- Assess data from clinical trials supporting anticoagulants for the treatment of patients with cancer-associated VTE
- Select appropriate therapies for patients with cancer-associated VTE using recently updated evidence-based guidance from professional organizations
- Optimize outcomes for patients with cancer-associated VTE through adoption of multidisciplinary patient-centered SDM management approaches
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: Education regarding the management of VTE in cancer leads to safe practices, quality care, and continued professional and personal development for oncology nurses.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Alok A. Khorana, MD is a consultant for Sanofi, Pfizer, Janssen, Bayer, Anthos, BMS, and WebMD.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Michael R. Page, PharmD, RPh, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Melissa Johnson, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Amanda Jenkins, Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Daniel Dasilva, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete pre-and-post surveys and evaluation.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at email@example.com
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at https://www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.