PROGRAM CHAIR AND SPEAKING FACULTY
Christie M Ballantyne, MD, FACP, FACC
Chief, Section of Cardiology
Chief, Section of Cardiovascular Research
Director, Center for Cardiometabolic Disease Prevention
Professor of Medicine, Molecular & Human Genetics, and Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
Baylor College of Medicine
This activity is designed to help lipidologists, cardiologists, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of US veterans with familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) to improve cholesterol and cardiovascular outcomes for veteran patients.
This activity is intended for lipidologists, cardiologists, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of US veterans with familial hypercholesterolemia (FH).
On completing the program, attendees should be able to:
- Interpret evidence from clinical trials evaluating the efficacy and safety of PCSK9 inhibitors used to lower persistently elevated levels of LDL-C
- Assess clinical trial-derived evidence suggesting that PCSK9 inhibitors can reduce the risk for developing ASCVD in patients with persistently elevated levels of LDL-C including those with FH
- Formulate individualized management plans for US veterans with FH that include the use of PCSK9 inhibitors towards the goal of lowering LDL-C levels and associated risk of ASCVD
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses who are involved in the healthcare of US veterans with familial hypercholesterolemia.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/Complete Conference Management (CCM) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Christie M Ballantyne, MD, FACP, FACC||Dr. Ballantyne reports that he serves as a consultant for Abbott Diagnostics, Althera, Amarin, Amgen, Arrowhead, AstraZeneca, Denka Seiken, Esperion, Genentech, Gilead, Illumina, Matinas BioPharma Inc, Merck, New Amsterdam, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Regeneron, Roche Diagnostic, and Sanofi-Synthelabo.|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer:
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Debra Gordon, MS, Medical Director for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Bartunek, Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and nonapproved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CNE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete posttest and evaluation form online.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science-based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.