Richard E. Pratley, MD (Program Chair)
Samuel E. Crockett Chair in Diabetes Research
Medical Director – AdventHealth Diabetes Institute
Senior Investigator and Diabetes Program Lead, AdventHealth Translational Research Institute
Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
This enduring series will discuss the recognition and management of CKD risk in patients with T2D.
This enduring activity is designed for nephrologists and the multidisciplinary team to ensure recognition of CKD risk in patients with T2D and novel strategies for modifying CKD risk and the risk of other chronic complications of T2D.
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Contrast the novel mechanistic features of third-generation mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists with the pharmacologic features of prior agents
- Differentiate data with novel mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists in managing the progression of chronic kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes in terms of clinical data and place in therapy
- Assess strategies for the management of hyperkalemia associated with novel mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist therapy as opposed to earlier-generation agents.
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this live virtual activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the live virtual activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: The program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the treatment of patients with diabetic kidney disease.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in a MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Richard Pratley, MD||Consultant||Bayer AG, Corcept Therapeutics Incorporated, Dexcom, Gasherbrum Bio, Inc, Hanmi Pharmaceutical Co., Hengrui (USA) Ltd., Merck, Novo Nordisk, Rivus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries|
|Research Funding||Novo Nordisk|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Chris Drury, Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Sharine Griggs, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and nonapproved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this live virtual activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the live virtual activity.
- Submit the pre- and post-test and evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science-based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making ability before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy‐policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.