Wednesday, August 25, 2021
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM CT
This virtual program is at 12:30PM Eastern, 11:30AM Central, 10:30AM Mountain, and 9:30AM Pacific.
Kim Margolin, MD
City of Hope National Medical Center
This initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, oncology pharmacists, oncology nurses and other healthcare professionals and teams involved in the management of patients with cancer who are treated or eligible for treatment with immunotherapy.
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Review the MOAs and clinical profiles of available and emerging immunotherapies used alone or in combination across lines of therapy for the treatment of melanoma
- Summarize strategies for monitoring and managing irAEs associated with immunotherapies used alone or in combination across lines of therapy for the treatment of patients with melanoma
- Describe the prognostic and predictive utility of melanoma biomarkers discovered through genomic testing, such as BRAFV600-mutations, that can inform patient-specific treatment decision making in the clinical practice setting
- Discuss current recommendations and emerging evidence regarding the use of immunotherapies for patients with melanoma during the COVID-19 pandemic including the management of irAEs and the utility of telemedicine
- Explain patient-centered SDM approaches aimed at optimizing cancer care and survivorship for those with melanoma and the role of emergency care physicians as part of multidisciplinary teams in the diagnosis and management of irAEs associated with immunotherapies used alone or in combination
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the virtual live activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the management of patients with cancer who are treated or eligible for treatment with immunotherapy.
1.0 ANCC Contact Hour(s)
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour(s) of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
The program content has been reviewed by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) and is acceptable for recertification points.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact: Med Learning Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at: http://www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (i.e. physical, dietary, etc.) Please contact Med Learning Group prior to the live event at email@example.com
Feel free to pass this invitation on to your physicians, fellows, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, healthcare practitioners, and any other colleagues that you believe would be interested in attending this free CME/CNE program.