Allen C. Ho, MD, FACS
Wills Eye Hospital Attending Surgeon and Director of Retina Research
Professor of Ophthalmology
Thomas Jefferson University
Mid Atlantic Retina
This online activity is focused on management of patients with diabetic retinopathy.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of retina specialists, ophthalmologists, and optometrists who manage patients with DR, DME, and AMD.
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Explain the importance of proper eye care in patients who have or are at risk for developing diabetic retinopathy (DR)
- Describe the progressive visual changes that can be experienced by those who have, are at risk for, or have been treated for DR, thereby emphasizing the importance of proper eye care
- Establish collaborative strategies that promote team-based communication and patient continuity of care to provide appropriate eye-care delivery for patients who have or are at risk for developing DR
- Define the pathogenic changes observed with DR, which would be best managed by team-based approaches for appropriate eye-care delivery
- Evaluate the efficacy and safety of currently available treatments, including panretinal photocoagulation (PRP) and agents that target the VEGF pathway, used to manage patients with DR
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this online activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with DR. Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT:
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in a MLG‐sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Dr. Allen Ho discloses the following:
– He is a consultant/advisor for Adverum, Aerie, AGTC, Alcon Laboratories, Aldeyra, Allergan, Apellis, Asclepix, Beaver-Visitec International, BioTime, Chengdu Kanghong Biotechnology, Genentech, Graybug, Gyroscope, IRIDEX, Iveric/Ophthotech, Johnson & Johnson, Lineage/BioTime, Notal, ONL, Optovue, PanOptica, Regeneron and RegenXBio.
– He has received grants from Aerie, AGTC, Alcon Laboratories, Aldeyra, Allergan, Apellis, BioTime, Chengdu Kanghong Biotechnology, Genetech, Gemini, Graybug, Gyroscope, Iveric/Ophthotech, Johnson & Johnson, Lineage/BioTime, Lumithera, National Eye Institute, Novartis, Optovue, ProQR, Regeneron, RegenXBio and Sanofi.
– He has ownership in Covalent Medical, ONL and PanOptica.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Director of Medical and Scientific Services of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Melissa A Johnson, Senior Program Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA‐approved and non‐approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures;
- Participate in the enduring activity; and
- Complete pre-and-post surveys and evaluation.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision‐making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
RELEASE DATE: August 31, 2020
EXPIRATION DATE: August 31, 2021
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Copyright © 2020 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.