Richard S Bedlack, MD, PhD
Professor of Neurology
Director of ALS Clinic
Duke University School of Medicine
Jennifer Roggenbuck, MS, CGC
Associate Professor, Clinical
The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
This case-based online activity is designed to provide clinicians with an overview of ALS, the importance of early diagnosis, and our latest understanding of the genetics of the disease.
This activity is intended for US-based adult neurologists, geneticists, genetic counselors, and the multidisciplinary involved in the diagnosis of patients with ALS.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Evaluate the genetic drivers of ALS and their impact on the underlying pathophysiology of the disease that manifest as heterogeneous patient signs and symptoms
- Facilitate an early, accurate diagnosis of ALS through a diagnostic workup that includes genetic testing followed by referral to multidisciplinary specialty care
- Recommend genetic counseling following genetic testing for ALS
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group will designate this online program for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the online activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
CNE credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed. The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
– Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
– Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
– Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
– Debra Gordon, MS, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, owns stock in Merck, Organon, and AbbVie.
– Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
– Lisa Crenshaw, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
– Daniel DaSilva, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this live activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the online activity.
- Complete posttest and evaluation form online.
Participants will receive their certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science-based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected].
RELEASE DATE: November 22, 2021
EXPIRATION DATE: November 22, 2022
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Med learning group will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group at any time at [email protected].
Copyright © 2021 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.