Joshua J. Neumiller, PharmD, CDCES, FADCES, FASCP
Vice-Chair & Allen I. White Distinguished Professor
Department of Pharmacotherapy
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Washington State University
This CME program has been designed for primary care clinicians, pharmacists, and diabetes educators who care for patients with diabetes as well as patient audiences to increase knowledge of the relationship of glucose variability (GV) and time in range (TIR) to macro- and microvascular outcomes; enhance the ability to explain the importance of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and various CGM metrics; and select among basal insulin formulations based on their impacts on TIR and GV.
- Determine the relationship of GV and TIR to macro- and microvascular outcomes in patients with diabetes.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate the importance of CGM and measures of TIR and GV to patients.
- Assess the action profiles of available basal insulin products.
- Consider the impacts of different types of basal insulin on TIR and GV when selecting between them.
This educational activity is intended for primary care clinicians, pharmacists, diabetes educators, and patient audiences who care for patients with diabetes.
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Credits: 0.5 ANCC Contact Hour
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Awarded 0.5 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Dr. Neumiller is on the speakers’ bureau for Dexcom. He has also received consulting fees from Bayer, Novo Nordisk and Sanofi.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Outcomes and Accreditation for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Cindy Lampner, MSLIS, Medical Director, Scientific and Medical Services for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Melissa A Johnson, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Amanda Jenkins, Associate Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Natalie Smith, Program Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CNE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete the online post-test and evaluation.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at https://medlearninggroup.com/privacy‐policy/.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.