Wednesday, November 10, 2021
2:00PM – 3:00PM ET
Please note this virtual program is 2:00PM Eastern, 1:00PM, Central, 12:00PM Mountain and 11:00AM Pacific.
This live virtual activity targets healthcare gaps related to the treatment and management of atrial fibrillation (AF), impacting outcomes through guidelines and best practices, appropriate antiarrhythmic use, and shared decision-making.
- By addressing these gaps, you can assess whether your approach to AF management through utilization of current treatment guidelines, individualization of antiarrhythmic use and strategies for shared decision making – could be modified to help close these gaps.
- Expert discussion will guide you in analyzing and identifying appropriate candidates for antiarrhythmic intervention, utilizing clinical trial and real-world data on efficacy, and safety to affect patient outcomes.
- You will also be immersed in dynamic animations utilizing a whiteboard platform to memorably highlight key points related to antiarrhythmic mechanisms of action and consequences related to interactions with other cardiovascular agents.
James A. Reiffel, MD
Professor Emeritus of Medicine
Special Lecturer, Columbia University
Department of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
New York, NY
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of US-based general cardiologists, internal medicine physicians, and primary care physicians involved in the care of patients with AF.
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Discuss current guidelines and best practices to improve outcomes for patients with AF in clinical practice
- Review clinical trial and real-world data on the efficacy and safety of antiarrhythmic drugs used for the management of AF
- Adopt shared decision-making approaches aimed at improving patient outcomes in clinical practice
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this live virtual activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the live virtual activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
This program would be beneficial for nurses involved and/or interested in the therapeutic management of patients with atrial fibrillation.
1.0 ANCC Contact Hours
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT:
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Awarded 1.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in a MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected].
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]