Maureen A. McMahon, MD
Associate Chief of Rheumatology
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine
Los Angeles, CA
- Describe the immune cells and proinflammatory proteins that represent therapeutic targets in SLE including BAFF, type 1 interferon, and cytokines associated with JAK/STAT signaling
- Explain how dysregulated innate and adaptive immune responses lead to specific clinical manifestations and disease consequences in patients with SLE
- Evaluate the safety and efficacy of new and emerging SLE therapies that target its pathogenetic pathways
- Select treatments for patients with SLE based on their pathogenic rationale
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of both US and OUS learners, including HCPs specializing in lupus, rheumatologists, allied health professionals, NPs, and PAs who treat patients with lupus.
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with SLE.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hours.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Maureen McMahon, MD, has received research grant support from AstraZeneca and GlaxoSmithKline, has received consulting fees from Astra Zeneca, Eli Lilly, and Aurinia, and is on the speakers’ bureau for GlaxoSmithKline and AstraZeneca.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The independent reviewers, staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests:
- Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Outcomes and Accreditation for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Angela Davis, PhD, Medical Director, Scientific and Medical Services for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Aimee Meissner, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Melissa A. Johnson, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- James Seternus, Medical Director for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CNE credit for this web-based activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete and submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate after the web-based activity.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group at email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.