Andrew Dauber, MD, MMSc
Chief of Endocrinology
Children’s National Hospital
Bradley S. Miller, MD, PhD
Director, Division of Endocrinology
Professor, Department of Pediatrics
M Health Fairview Masonic Children’s Hospital
University of Minnesota Medical School
This activity features education regarding hormone therapy for children and adolescents with growth hormone (GH) deficiency. The program will discuss the diagnosis of GH deficiency, challenges of currently available therapies, clinical data of emerging therapies, and strategies to personalize care for childhood growth hormone deficiency (CGHD).
This educational activity is intended for US-based pediatric endocrinologists, endocrinologists, endocrine fellows, pediatricians, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, and healthcare professionals who diagnose and manage CGHD.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the clinical workup including presentation, genetic and laboratory findings to diagnosis the pediatric patient with growth hormone deficiency
- Review current therapies for the treatment of CGHD and their accompanying persistence and adherence challenges in the pediatric population
- Evaluate available and emerging long-acting growth hormone (LAGH) compounds’ clinical data, efficacy and safety, in the chronic management of children with GHD
- Discuss personalized strategies with LAGH preparations for patients with CGHD to optimize patient-centered outcomes
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with CGHD.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Andrew Dauber, MD||Dr. Dauber is a consultant for Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Ascendis, and BioMarin. Dr. Dauber has conducted research for BioMarin.|
|Bradley S. Miller, MD||Dr. Miller is a consultant for Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, and Ascendis. He has also conducted research for Novo Nordisk, OPKO, Pfizer, and Lumos.|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Angela Davis, PhD, Director of Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Lisa Crenshaw, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Morgan Kravarik, Associate Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Daniel Dasilva, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete pre-and-post surveys and evaluation.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy‐policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.