Jeffery S. Weber, MD, PhD
Professor of Oncology
Department of Medicine
Perlmutter Cancer Center
NYU Langone Health
New York, NY
This case-based enduring activity will cover the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with cancer who are treated or eligible for treatment with immunotherapy.
This initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, oncology pharmacists, oncology nurses and other healthcare professionals interested in the use of immunotherapy for the management of patients with cancer.
Upon completion of the program, attendees should be able to:
- Assess the process by which tumor cells evade immune system detection and the mechanism of action of CTLA-4 and PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors
- Analyze clinical data to identify candidates for immunotherapy based on tumor biomarkers and patient characteristics and develop/implement treatment plans that appropriately sequence and combine immunotherapies
- Examine clinical evidence supporting the use of CTLA-4 and PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors in those three histologies and compare the efficacy of monotherapy versus combination therapy with checkpoint blockade and/or chemotherapy
- Identify immune-related adverse events (irAEs) associated with checkpoint inhibitors and discuss how to optimally manage them
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this online activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the online activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with cancer who are treated or eligible for treatment with immunotherapy.
Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour(s)
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Awarded 1.0 contact hour(s) of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in a MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the
manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Dr. Weber discloses the following:
- Stock or Other Ownership: Altor BioScience, Celldex, Biond, CytomX Therapeutics, Protean Biodiagnostics
- Honoraria: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Genentech, AbbVie, AstraZeneca, Daiichi Sankyo, GlaxoSmithKline, Eisai, Altor BioScience, Amgen, Roche, Ichor Medical, Systems, Celldex, CytomX Therapeutics, Nektar, Novartis, Array, WindMIL, Takeda, Sellas, Jounce, Moderna
- Consulting or Advisory Role: Celldex, Ichor Medical Systems, Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Altor BioScience, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Genentech, Roche, Amgen, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Daiichi Sankyo, AbbVie, Eisai, CytomX Therapeutics, Nektar, Novartis, Array, WindMIL, Takeda, Sellas, Jounce, Moderna
- Research Funding (to the Institution): Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, Genentech, Astellas Pharma, Incyte, Roche, Novartis
- Travel, Accommodations, Expenses: Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Daiichi Sankyo, Roche, Celldex, Amgen, Merck, AstraZeneca, Genentech, Novartis, Incyte, WindMIL, Takeda
- Patent Holding: Biodesix and Moffitt
The independent reviewers, staff, planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests:
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer-reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Outcomes and Accreditation for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Brianna Hanson, Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Director of Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Melissa Johnson, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this online activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
1. Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
2. Participate in the enduring activity.
3. Submit the evaluation form.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science-based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement
information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy‐policy/
RELEASE DATE: August 28, 2019
EXPIRATION DATE: August 28, 2020
Copyright © 2019 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited