Shared Decision Making in Hematology: Enhancing HCP Knowledge and Application of Shared Decision Making (SDM) into Current Clinical Practice in the Emergency Room Setting.
This programs is free of charge to host at your institution, and is completely free of bias and promotional content. MLG will provide the accreditation, content, faculty, meeting materials, and audio visual services if needed.
Release Date: November 2018
Expiration Date: June 2019
This CME initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of ER physicians and hematologist-oncologists involved in the treatment of patients with hemophilia.
- Describe barriers to optimal care of patients with hemophilia A with inhibitors in the emergency department setting, as well as their consequences for patient outcomes
- Review the clinical trial data on the safety and efficacy associated with newly approved and emerging treatments for patients with hemophilia A and inhibitors and their respective mechanisms of action
- Introduce, or in most cases enhance HCP understanding of the definitions and core values associated with SDM and their application to patients with hemophilia A with inhibitors in current healthcare settings
- Discuss current data evaluating DAs and SDM in the field of hematology along with other chronic disease states, the roles of emergency room physicians and other HCPs in SDM, and methods of evaluating SDM efficacy for patients with hemophilia A with inhibitors from a patient and provider viewpoint
- Explore the possible and existing challenges of SDM, discuss relevant evidence exposing these barriers, and reveal potential solutions to overcome these challenges for patients with hemophilia A with inhibitors
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the live activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with Prostate Cancer.
1.0 ANCC Contact Hour(s)
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour(s) of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in a MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at email@example.com.
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (i.e. physical, dietary, etc.) Please contact Med Learning Group prior to the live event at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2019 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.