Emily S. Ruiz, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Dermatology Harvard Medical School
Academic Director, Micrographic Surgery Center
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Director, High-Risk Skin Cancer Clinic Dana-Farber Cancer Center
This enduring activity investigates the critical role of systemic therapy, including targeted treatment and immunotherapy, in patients with advanced non-melanoma skin cancers (NMSCs) who fail or are ineligible for surgical or radiation therapy. Learn more about factors that can help determine when systemic therapy is appropriate, available, and emerging systemic treatment options, and elements of multidisciplinary care to enhance your management approach in NMSC.
This CME initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of surgical dermatologists, Mohs surgeons, dermatologists and other healthcare practitioners who care for patients with advanced/mBCC or cSCC.
After completing this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Interpret data supporting the use of new systemic therapies for the treatment of patients with advanced NMSCs failing or not amenable to surgery or radiation
- Select patients with unresectable NMSCs who may derive greater benefit from new systemic therapies as opposed to Mohs surgery
- Cultivate close working relationships with other members of interdisciplinary care teams for the management of patients with advanced NMSCs failing or not amenable to surgery or radiation
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with advanced/mBCC or cSCC.
CNE Credits: 1.25 ANCC Contact Hours
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.25 contact hours of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Dr. Ruiz receives consulting fees from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Sanofi. She serves as an investigator for Regeneron (principal investigator/co-investigator) and Merck and serves on the board of directors for Checkpoint Therapeutics.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff, Planners and Managers
The independent reviewers, staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Director of Medical and Scientific Services of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Felecia Beachum, Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Naomi De Brito, Program Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Aimee Meissner, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States. During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and nonapproved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CNE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Submit the evaluation form to the Med Learning Group
You will receive your certification as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science-based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making skills before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at https://www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
RELEASED DATE: November 7, 2022
EXPIRATION DATE: November 7, 2023
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.