Nicola Hanania, MD, MS
Professor of Medicine
Director, Airways Clinical Research Center
Senator-at-Large, BCM Faculty Senate
Baylor College of Medicine
This series will focus on the management of moderate-to-severe asthma.
This activity is intended for pulmonologists, allergists, immunologists, pediatricians, and other health care providers involved in the care of adult and pediatric patients with moderate-to-severe asthma.
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Identify adult and pediatric patients who require intensified therapy to manage the symptoms and quality of life issues associated with uncontrolled moderate-to-severe asthma.
- Personalize the selection of add-on biologics using biomarkers, asthma phenotypes, and patient-specific factors.
- Utilize current treatment recommendations and emerging clinical trial data to develop evidence-based treatment plans that reduce exacerbation risks and oral corticosteroid use.
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in treating patients with asthma.
Credit: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour
CNE Accreditation Statement
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Nicola Hanania, MD, MS||Consultant||GlaxoSmithKline, Boehringer Ingelheim, Sanofi, Genentech, Novartis, Teva, and Amgen|
|Speakers Bureau||Astra Zeneca and Sanofi|
|Research Funding||Sanofi, Genentech, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Astra Zeneca, and Boehringer Ingelheim|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose
Staff, Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Dave Chatman, Medical and Scientific Services for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Sharine Griggs, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Aimee Meissner, Accreditation and Outcomes Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and nonapproved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures
- Participate in the enduring activity
- Submit the pre- and post-test and evaluation form to Med Learning Group
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science-based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making ability before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at https://www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
RELEASED DATE: November 8, 2022
EXPIRATION DATE: November 8, 2023
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.