Peter A. Lio, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Chicago Integrative Eczema Center
Vivian Shi, MD, FAAD
Associate Professor, Department of Dermatology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
Little Rock, AR
This enduring virtual activity targets healthcare gaps related to the treatment and management of AD in urban communities, impacting outcomes through identifying determinants that impact health in urban communities, implementing strategies in disease severity assessment across varying skin tones, and guideline-based care.
- By addressing these gaps, you can assess whether your approach to AD management through utilization of current treatment guidelines, individualization of care through the “step-up care” approach and strategies for disease severity assessment – could be modified to help close these gaps.
- Expert discussion will guide you in analyzing and identifying challenges to AD management in the urban landscape, and how to navigate proactive vs reactive control.
- You will also be immersed in dynamic animations utilizing a whiteboard platform to memorably highlight key points related to patient-specific factors that contribute to the burden of AD, and essential goals, current and emerging approaches to AD management.
This activity is intended for dermatologists, pediatric dermatologists, primary care physicians, pediatricians, acute care physicians, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of patients with atopic dermatitis.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Examine the social and economic determinants of health in urban communities that impact quality of life and health outcomes
- Implement strategies to assess disease severity and health-related quality of life in patients with AD
- Apply treatment guidelines and clinical trial data for the assessment and treatment of AD in underserved populations to ensure optimal outcomes
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring virtual activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring virtual activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with atopic dermatitis.
CNE Credits: 1.5 ANCC Contact Hours.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.5 contact hours of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Peter Lio, MD||Discloses that he has received research grants/funding from the National Eczema Association, AOBiome, Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme, and AbbVie. He is on the speaker’s bureau for Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, LEO Pharma, Galderma, and L’Oréal. He reports consulting/advisory boards for UCB, Dermavant, Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme, Pfizer, LEO Pharmaceuticals, AbbVie, Eli Lilly, Micreos (stock options), L’Oréal, Pierre-Fabre, Johnson & Johnson, Level Ex, Unilever, Menlo Therapeutics, Theraplex, IntraDerm, Exeltis, AOBiome Therapeutics, Realm Therapeutics, Altus Labs (stock options), Galderma, Verrica Pharmaceuticals, Arbonne, Amyris, Bodewell Skincare, YobeeCare (stock options), Burt’s Bees, My-Or Diagnostics, and Kimberly-Clark. Dr. Lio has a patent pending for a Theraplex product with royalties paid, is an investor in LearnSkin, and is a board member and Scientific Advisory Committee member of the National Eczema Association.|
|Vivian Shi, MD, FAAD||Discloses that she is on the board of directors of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation and advisor for the National Eczema Association. She is an advisory board member for AbbVie, Aristea Therapeutics, Boehringer Ingelheim, Burt’s Bees, cQuell/Altus Lab, Dermira, Eli Lilly, GpSkin, Incyte, LEO Pharma, Menlo Therapeutics, MYOR, Novartis, Pfizer, Polyfins Technology, Regeneron, Sanofi Genzyme, Skin Actives Scientific and SUN Pharma. She is a speaker for AbbVie and Sanofi Genzyme/Regeneron. She has served as an investigator for AbbVie, Burt’s Bees, Galderma, Kiniksa, LEO Pharma, Novartis, Regeneron, Skin Actives Scientific and Target-PharmaSolutions. She has received research funding from Pfizer and Skin Actives Scientific. Dr. Shi is a stock shareholder of Learn Health.|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lisa Crenshaw, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Morgan Kravarik, Associate Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring virtual activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the web-based enduring activity.
- Submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate upon completion.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.