Med Learning Group is proud to present it’s roundtable series on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.. These CME Dinner Meetings are available in 20 different cities across the country.
This CME initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of rheumatologists, nurses and other healthcare providers involved in the treatment of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Employ the new SLICC criteria to more accurately classify patients with mild, moderate, and severe disease
- Explain the design, scoring, and potential limitations of disease activity indices and visual analog scales for monitoring outcomes for SLE patients
- Discuss the benefits and limitations of current agents for SLE, particularly more recent evidence regarding the use of belimumab, corticosteroids, and hydroxychloroquine
- Evaluate clinical trial evidence for the potential safety, tolerability, and efficacy of new and novel agents in drug development for SLE
- Discuss risk factors for comorbidities associated with SLE, particularly for cardiovascular disease and comorbid diseases triggered by corticosteroid use
- Outline the considerations for individualized treatment, strategies for setting treatment goals, and predictive factors for nonadherence
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
Credit Designation Statement
Med Learning Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
CNE Accreditation Statement
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CNE Credit Designation Statement
Accreditation of this program does not imply endorsement by either Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM or ANCC Awarded 1.0 contact hour(s) of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
Disclosure Policy Statement
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in a MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use. For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
This activity is sponsored by Med Learning group.
This activity was co-provided by Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM.
Supported by an Educational Grant from UCB
Copyright © 2013 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.