Amitkumar Mehta, MD
Director, Lymphoma & CAR-T Program
Medical Director, Clinical Trial Office
Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology
University of Alabama at Birmingham O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB
- Contrast novel targets in NHL management, including consideration of the role of bispecific antibodies and combinations in development.
- Evaluate outcomes of key trials in NHL management, including diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma, and mantle cell lymphoma.
- Summarize the current understanding potential adverse events associated with novel therapies, including considerations regarding multidisciplinary management of adverse events.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of medical oncologists, hematologists, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and other members of the multi-disciplinary oncology care team.
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with NHL.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour
Ultimate Medical Academy/Complete Conference Management (CCM) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Amitkumar Mehta, MD has received consulting fees from Gilead, AstraZeneca, Pharmacyclics, Seattle Genetics, Morphosys/Incyte, TG Therapeutics, Kyowa Kirin, Novartis, Bristol Myers Squibb and BeiGene. He has been on the speaker’s bureau for Gilead, AstraZeneca, Pharmacyclics, Seattle Genetics, Morphosys/Incyte, Kyowa Kirin, BMS, and BeiGene. He has done contracted research from Incyte, Takeda, fortyseven inc/Gilead, Juno pharmaceuticals/BMS, Celgene/BMS, Innate pharmaceuticals, Seattle Genetics, TG Therapeutics, Affimed, Merck, Kite/Gilead, Roche-Genentech, and I-MAB.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff, Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they have with ineligible companies related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Outcomes and Accreditation for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Angela Davis, PhD, Medical Director of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Michael R. Page, PharmD, Medical Director of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Melissa A. Johnson, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Amanda Jenkins, Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Natalie Smith, Program Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Daniel DaSilva, Outcomes and Accreditation Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CNE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete and submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate after the enduring activity.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
RELEASED DATE: January 25, 2023
EXPIRATION DATE: January 25, 2024
Copyright © 2023 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.