Craig C. Hofmeister MD, MPH
Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
Emory University School of Medicine
This enduring activity addresses the mechanisms of resistance and characteristics of refractory disease in patients with multiple myeloma; reviews the mechanisms of action of both current and emerging therapies in the treatment of patients with relapsing/refractory multiple myeloma; and lastly evaluates the clinical data for developing agents in the management of patients with late relapse/refractory multiple myeloma.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, hematologists, hematology pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants to ensure confidence in the management of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Evaluate current outcomes in the relapsed/refractory setting of multiple myeloma and the need for novel therapies for management of patients who have received multiple prior lines of therapy
- Visualize the mechanism of bispecific antibodies in the management of relapse/refractory multiple myeloma, with a focus on novel bispecific agents in clinical development
- Summarize up-to-date clinical trial data concerning the bispecific antibodies in development for the later-line management of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with multiple myeloma.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Craig C. Hofmeister MD||Discloses that he has worked on advisory boards for Janssen, GSK, BMS, and Sanofi.|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they have with ineligible companies related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Michael Page, PharmD, RPh, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Melissa A. Johnson, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Amanda Jenkins, Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Natalie Smith, Program Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
- Daniel Dasilva, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States. During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures
- Participate in the enduring activity
- Complete pre-and-post surveys and evaluation
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
RELEASED DATE: January 05 , 2023
EXPIRATION DATE: January 05 , 2024
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.