Monday, June 3, 2019
5:30 – 6:00 PM: Registration
6:00 – 7:30 PM: Meeting
Maggiano’s Little Italy
9101 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Meeting room: Alferio/Bella/Diego
– Online personalized nurse quality-improvement poster-generation portal
– Downloadable virtual and augmented reality animations
– Mobile responsive website/app
– Patient case videos
– Intra-activity patient or KNOW patient quizzing
– Reference toolkit
Evelyn Robles-Rodriguez, DNP, APN, AOCN
Director, Outreach, Prevention and Survivorship
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Describe the unique mechanism of action that CDK 4/6 inhibition provides as oral oncolytic agents in advanced or metastatic HR+/HER2-negative breast cancer
- Review the role of oral CDK 4/6 inhibitors in the treatment of advanced or metastatic breast cancer
- Explore the side-effect profiles of the CDK 4/6 inhibitors and toxicity management in the management of advanced or metastatic HR+/HER2-negative breast cancer
- Review the oncology nurse’s role in the recognition of breast cancer treatment-related adverse events while optimizing patient medication persistence
- Assess ways in which to communicate more openly with patients in order to encourage their engagement across all aspects of their care
- Evaluate current data for decision aids and shared decision-making in optimizing patient and healthcare-team communication and goal-setting
This CME initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers involved in the treatment of patients with hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the live activity.
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of patients with Breast Cancer.
1.5 ANCC Contact Hour(s)
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.5 contact hour(s) of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
ONCC RECERTIFICATION POINTS
The program content is under review by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) and will be coded for recertification points in the appropriate ILNA categories.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff and planning committee members participating in a MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact: Med Learning Group at email@example.com.
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at: http://www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (i.e. physical, dietary, etc.) Please contact Med Learning Group prior to the live event at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to pass this invitation on to your physicians, fellows, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, healthcare practitioners, and any other colleagues that you believe would be interested in attending this free CME/CNE program.
Copyright © 2019 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.