Lawrence D. Sher, MD, FAAP, FAAAI, FACAAI
Palos Verdes Medical Group
Peninsula Research Associates
Rolling Hills Estates, California
Andreas Wollenberg, MD
Professor, Department of Dermatology and Allergy
Ludwig Maximilian University
This activity will explore the management of pediatric and adult patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis through interactive case-based simulations. Expert faculty will review strategies on how to personalize the selection of systemic treatment options based on guideline recommendations, evidence-based best practice, and emerging clinical trial data. Case-based simulations will help learners identify candidates for systemic therapy and address safety and quality of life issues.
This activity is intended for allergists, immunologists, dermatologists, pediatric dermatologists, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of adult and pediatric patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Personalize the selection of treatment options for moderate-to-severe AD and its associated atopic comorbidities based on clinical presentation, guideline recommendations, and evidence-based best practices
- Assess the severity of AD and identify patients with moderate-to-severe disease who require step-up therapy
- Identify and address barriers to optimal care of AD and its associated comorbidities in clinical practice, including safety concerns, adherence, and quality of life
- Educate patients on the latest guidance on vaccination and management of atopic dermatitis during the COVID-19 pandemic
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CNE ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional education development by the American Nurses Credentialing Commission of Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs
NURSING CREDIT INFORMATION
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the management of adult and pediatric patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
CNE Credits: 1.0 ANCC Contact Hour.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or providers of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Lawrence Sher, MD||Speakers Bureau||Regeneron|
|Andreas Wollenberg, MD||Speakers Bureau||AbbVie, Galderma, LEO, Eli Lilly, Pierre Fabre, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sanofi|
|Consultant||AbbVie, Almirall, Arena, Galderma, GSK Pharmaceuticals, LEO, LG Chem, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Pierre Fabre, Regeneron, Sanof|
|Contracted Research||Leo, Pierre Fabre, Sanofi, Lilly, Galderma, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron|
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Diana Tommasi, Medical Director of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Ana Maria Albino, Senior Program Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Jessica Feygin, Program Coordinator of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN, UMA/CCM – LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP of Accreditation and Outcomes of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Russie Allen, Accreditation and Outcomes Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate upon completion as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.